Some days as husbands we are everything she hoped we would be. Others we are just the guy that left the toilet seat up or the dirty dish on the table or our dirty clothes right next to the hamper. I mean we all have good days and bad days, but today I am here to help us husbands be a little better. These are just 20 things that I know my wife would love to hear from me. Guys I am trying to help you out, on the things I mention that have an action that follows it, follow thru with the action. Nothing worse than saying, honey, I’ll do the dishes, only to have her wake up in the morning to sink of dirty dishes. If your wife loves a good joke you can also try our 10 best Dad jokes on her as well, as laughter is always a good medicine.
20 Things Every Wife Loves to hear from Her Husband.
- I Love You – I know, we have all head this but how many times do we forget to say it? So don’t wait next time you talk or see her say it – I Love You!
- You’re an amazing mother – First off, if you don’t have kids then compliment her that you think she will be an amazing mother when you have kids. Otherwise, tell your wife that she is an amazing mom and just mention one reason why. This could be the way she cares for them when they get hurt, the way she encourages them, or a simple because she made dinner instead of saying, everyone, we are having cereal for dinner.
- How can I support you – Remember when you said your vows it was to death do you part. That means good times and bad. That means supporting each other emotionally and physically. We don’t know how we can meet our spouses’ needs if we don’t ask, but when we do ask it shows that we care about them and the relationship.
- I’ll do the dishes – For some husbands maybe you are better than me and you always do the dishes. If that’s you skip this one, but for those that are like me and don’t care for doing the dishes then say this. But make sure you actually do them afterward or you end up with an unhappy wife. Trust me I know from experience, learn from my mistakes.
- I’ll do the laundry – Much like the previous one, except its laundry. Fellas I want to help you out, doing the laundry doesn’t mean just starting the load in the washer. It means getting dirty clothes, washing, drying, folding and then putting them away.
- Go hang out with your friends – As much as I love spending time with my wife and our family, we both need time with others. A night out with good friends does everyone well. You don’t have to plan it, just be prepared to watch and feed the kids without her help that night.
- You’re beautiful – It’s simple, this is the woman you married and fell in love with. Whether it was last week or 30 decades ago they still want to know we think they are attractive and beautiful in our eyes.
- Don’t worry about dinner let’s eat out – This one has been used many times in our household. I can tell she has had a rough day due to the kids or even just life in general and making dinner can be a chore. These are those times I will say lets eat out, then its a double win. No dinner prep and no dishes just family time together.
- I’ll bathe the kids – This one is a biggie when the kids are younger and need assistance. There have been many sighs of relief from my wife when bath time came around and I said I’ll bathe the kids. It was like I lifted a 100-pound weight off of her shoulders.
- I don’t understand, but I am trying to – I know I am not the only husband that at times when talking with his wife that he feels like a deer in the headlights. Don’t worry it is ok but we have to admit that we won’t always understand our wives thoughts or feelings but we can offer empathy and a willingness to listen.
- Can I get your thoughts on this – Most of the women I know want the man to take the lead but they don’t want to be led blindly. They want to be in the loop and their thoughts considered. Ask your wife her thoughts on something and you might be surprised at how profound her answer is.
- You’re right – This one can be tough for us men. We don’t like to be wrong but none of us are perfect and must be willing to admit it. This is one of the reasons you have your amazing wife, she is your partner which means sometimes you are on the same page while at other times one or the other is right and that’s ok.
- I love spending time with you – We all love to be reassured and confident in our relationship. As we say encouraging things like this it helps to build that confidence and keep our negative thoughts from getting the best of us.
- Tell me about your day – Then actually listen… No I mean it then actually listen about her day. I know my wife listens to my ramblings about things at work that she doesn’t care about, but she listens intently because she cares about me. As good husbands we should return the favor.
- I made plans for just us – Nothing says I love you and care about you more than planning a time to be together alone. This may be just a date night out or a weekend that the grandparents watch the kids. Either way, make a plan to spend time 1 on 1 without kids and focus on just each other.
- Thank you for taking care of that – Sometimes we like those things that go un-noticed to get noticed. It can be a simple thing like paying a bill, running the kids to school or fixing dinner. Offer up recognition to your wife that you noticed that she contributes and that you appreciate it.
- You’re the only one for me – In a society that seems to be focused only on what they want and what they can get it is important to remind you, wife, that no one else can fill her shoes. Saying this reassures the devotion and genuine love you have for her.
- I’m Sorry – This one isn’t the same as you’re right but they do go hand in hand at times. I’m sorry is a phrase that carries such power if we would only put it to use. Many times the mistake has already been made but we must ask for forgiveness from our spouse. In most cases, this applies to simple things like maybe you said things out of anger or you said you would do something and you didn’t. Those simple words I’m sorry can mean the world for any mistake that has been made.
- You look great without makeup – With or without makeup your spouse wants to know you think she is beautiful. She also wants to know that even without all the makeup, glitz and glam that you still think she looks amazing. It reminds her that you love her just as much in yoga pants like the little black dress.
- We’re in this together – We all need reassurance at times in our life. What better way then reassuring the one you love that you are here for her and with her!
There you have it, men 20 Things you can say to your wife that she will love to hear. Now I need to go an put a few of these to use because I love my wife and want her to know that each and every day.